A new year has just started. I can believe it’s been already more than 12 years since I started Abduzeedo. Back in the day I really wanted to share inspiration and some experiments I was doing, especially using Photoshop. I remember around 2007/2008, I am not sure exactly when it was, but I saw a video of a brand new tool called Pixelmator. It was a beautiful video with even more beautiful interface design. It was dark, with floating windows. I didn’t hesitate. I sent them an email asking to get an invite to try the beta. For my surprise, they replied, I got to play with Pixelmator and I ended up writing a few tutorials that were part of their website. Quite an interesting journey looking back.
For this year I want to go back to some of those experiments. Completely casual, not focus on trends or styles, just try to do things I like. Even if they might look outdated. These experiments can be with Photoshop, Pixelmator, Sketch, Figma, or even code with HTML/CSS or Android Studio. Honestly, I just want to have fun and experiment a bit more and I hope you enjoy it.
So for the first experiment, I would like to share my experience in creating a simple image using the new Pixelmator Pro. It’s a case study/tutorial but I will try to highlight a bit more of the UI.
Link to the tutorial: https://abduzeedo.com/pixelmator-pro-tutorial-dramatic-eclipse-effect